Push-ups are a simple exercise yet an effective way to build your body and core strength. Doing push-ups regularly offers many health benefits. Read this article to know more about the benefits of doing push-ups every day.
What are the Benefits of Doing Push-Ups Regularly?
Push-ups are one of the oldest exercises that are practiced to strengthen the pectoral muscles.
Push up is a set of exercises based mainly on the weight of the body, and its ability to resist the gravity of the earth, by lowering the body towards the ground and then returning to the first state it was in, and the arms in this exercise are basic pillars in the exercise of the process.
Benefits of Push-Ups
Push-ups have many benefits, but the most important benefits of these exercises are the following:
- The push-up exercise works to strengthen the chest muscles, as it is considered one of the best physical exercises to strengthen the chest muscles.
- It works to strengthen the various muscles of the body at the same time, and you can focus on one muscle to strengthen it.
- It strengthens the muscles of the hands and forearms.
- It works to strengthen the shoulder muscles from the side between the chest area and the front shoulder.
- It works to strengthen the muscles of the upper back, and the muscles of the lower back.
- It works to strengthen the abdominal muscles.
- It works to stretch the hamstrings of the knee, the quadriceps muscles (the front part of the thigh), and the muscles of the legs and feet.
- It strengthens the heart muscle and activates it, as well as any exercise that requires high effort.
Additional Benefits of Doing Push-Ups Everyday
In addition to the physical benefits of pushups exercise and strengthening the muscles, there are other benefits that distinguish pushups from other exercises:
Push-ups are simple exercises that can be practiced easily, as they do not require high concentration, nor great physical strength.
Push-ups can be done anywhere and anytime, as long as it is performed correctly, it will not require a prepared place or a specific time. A flat, wide area is a good place to perform this exercise. There is no need for expensive technical gym equipment.
Push-ups change the shape of the whole body. Performing push-ups in a proper manner leads to an athletic body and good health.
Push-up exercise increases strength and energy. Everyone who does this exercise for more than a month, greatly increases strength and energy, as it not only strengthens the muscles of the body but also strengthens the heart muscle, which is primarily responsible for the energy of the body.
Push-ups activate the body’s fat-burning processes. This exercise is considered like any exercise that builds the muscles of the body, as it burns calories as a result of high effort.
Push-ups help avoid injuries caused by muscle or tendon ruptures.
How to Do Push-ups for Beginners
In order to get strong chest muscles, there are different types of push-ups. It should be noted that eating a healthy, balanced diet helps build the chest muscles resulting from the proper performance of this exercise. You should pay attention to that.
Before any exercise, You must always do warm-up exercise, because it reduces the risk of injuries during exercise, and prepares the muscles to do push-ups.
Warm-up exercises are easy, simple, and routine operations that a person performs before starting any high-effort activity so that they increase blood flow in the muscles and tissues to increase their efficiency and performance, in addition to that they increase the secretions between the joints to lubricate them.
Warm-up includes performing simple exercises with high repetitions for the muscle to be used, in addition to making a simple effort to speed up the heartbeat and increase blood flow throughout the body (for example, jogging), and there are many different warm-up methods that suit everyone.
To start the push-up exercise, follow these steps:
- Take an appropriate position on the ground before performing the push-up exercise, (it is preferable that the floor is covered with carpets to facilitate the fixation of the hands and feet). Throw your body to the ground so that the feet are together.
- Place the palms of the hands on the floor flat, equal to the shoulders, and in the same direction.
- Raise the body using the arms, and in this case, the weight of the body must be supported by the hands and feet so that the shape of the body is in the form of a straight line from head to feet.
- Lower the body (taking into account that it continues to remain in the form of a straight line without warping) towards the ground, to come close to it, but without touching it.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 until the body is tired. Take some rest so that it does not exceed a minute after the body is tired and before starting the exercise again.
Some things must be taken into account while performing the push-up exercise, in order to increase the efficiency of the exercise and avoid injuries:
- Lower the torso so that it and the elbows are at a 90-degree angle, keeping the elbows close to the body (for more resistance).
- Maintain the direction of the head by making it face forward, and making sure to breathe gently for the sake of resting the heart.
- Gravity must be counteracted by pressure without touching the ground.
- The force in the squeezing process should come from the chest and shoulders.